We have been very busy over the past few years with essential work clearing, replanting and protecting various areas of the wood to prevent further deterioration and to encourage natural regeneration. You can read about all of our recent conservation activities or click on the topic below for more details:
- Winter Woodworking: Sapling Planting in Winter 2010
- Make a Difference Day 2010: Orchard Planting in Cherry Tree Wood
- Regeneration of the woodland area south of the playing field
- Construction of a stag-beetle loggery
- Replanting of new Hazel and Osier saplings adjacent to Fordington Road
- Creation of a shallow wetland area behind the tennis courts
- Clearing of fallen wood north of the kiosk to allowing revival of ground flora
- Hazel fencing to protect bluebells near Summerlee Ave entrance
- Clearing of bramble in the open area south of the playing field
PROPOSED CONSERVATION PROJECTS
We have been working alongside our Barnet Green Spaces Officer to put together a woodland management plan for Cherry Tree Wood, and are pleased to tell you about some of the forthcoming projects your generous donations and volunteer work could make possible this coming year.
Click here for details and to comment on the proposals >>
We welcome volunteers of any age and ability to help with future conservation activities – if you can spare a bit of time, whether it is 30 minutes or a whole day, please get in touch!