The Friends of Cherry Tree Wood is a charity whose sole purpose is to protect this fantastic environment, working alongside Barnet Council and other interested bodies. Our aim is to educate and encourage an interest in the preservation and conservation of the woodland. We help to protect and regenerate the wildlife, whilst working to sympathetically evolve the site and facilities to meet the needs of its modern users.
Our charity was founded a number of years ago by a passionate group of volunteers who decided to play an active role in managing, protecting and developing this recreational area, and today, we have over 150 members with a 12 strong committee who organise and coordinate activities.
What do we do?
- Help balance recreational use of the wood with protection of the diverse ecology
- Organise fun events to make the wood a vibrant community space
- Encourage an interest in conservation and undertake work to provide an improved habitat for native wildlife
- Liaise with and encourage Barnet Council to invest in the area, and to address any concerns raised by the community
How can you help?
- Come along and help out – we are always looking for volunteers to join us for free activities in the park. Look out for posters on the gates – you can come along for just 30 minutes or a couple of hours.
- Join the committee – it doesn’t take much time, we just need people with passion and ideas to help us get things organised. Have you got skills, ideas or experience we could use? Why not drop us a line (email@example.com)
- Become a member for £10 a year per household, £5 concessions. Your money will help us fund:
- More events for families and the local community
- New trees, plants and equipment for volunteers
- Improvements to the recreational facilities
If you use and enjoy the wood, please don’t take it for granted – help us look after it.